NOW ACCEPTING CONSIGNMENTS
Sale 320 - November 10-11
Australia’s oldest and most respected numismatic auction house, with more than 50 years’ experience in the field, Downies Australian Coin Auctions is pleased to announce that preparations for Sale 320 – our final public auction for 2015 – are already well underway.
To be held at Box Hill Town Hall in Melbourne on the 10th and 11th of November, consignments for Sale 320 are now being accepted. Please contact us
today to arrange an appointment at our Melbourne head office, at either of our retail stores, or in your home or office. Consignments close early September.
Sale 319 saw more than a million dollars’ worth of material go under the hammer, and the overall clearance rate was over 86%.
Comprising more than 4,000 lots, and therefore ranking as one of our largest ever auctions, Sale 319 was highlighted by dual catalogues. The main part of the sale encompassed a typically diverse array of material, with a spectacular variety of items from numismatics and other collectable fields consigned from all over the globe.
The Royal Australian Mint Master Collection featured an unprecedented assemblage of ‘production standard master’ coins. Interest from all quarters was naturally substantial and the results were predictably strong. Indeed, every lot was snapped up by eager collectors, with many selling way above estimate.
Why Choose Australian Coin Auctions
- Obligation free appraisals – professional advice on all aspects of your collection
- Industry leading clearance rates – exceptional prices realised
- Global market exposure – every lot published at www.downies.com
- Superior quality fully illustrated catalogue – comprehensive pre-sale viewing
- Sophisticated security, logistics, and insurance – total peace of mind for vendors and buyers alike
- Auction House of choice for the Reserve Bank of Australia, the Royal Australian Mint, and Australia’s leading numismatists