$1 Last Note & First Coin Pack Uncirculated
- Includes Australia’s last $1 banknote – issued from 1982, and featuring the Johnston/Stone signature combination.
- Also comprises the nation’s first $1 coin – the unique 1984 Mob of Roos $1!
- Struck by the Royal Australian Mint, the Roos $1 was designed by Stuart Devlin.
- Both of these crucial Australian decimal types issues are presented in flawless Uncirculated condition.
- A fantastic presentation, Australia’s last $1 note and first $1 coin are housed within a new, illustrated, informative pack.
- A must-have for the Australian collector – and a fascinating gift!
Free Shippingon all orders over $500
Shop with confidence30 - day money back guarantee
Gst-free*for international orders
Loyalty RewardEarn points while you shop
Crossroads of Australian currency…
Representing a major milestone on the highway of Australian currency history, the Last Note, First Coin $1 Pack marks the demise of the $1 note, and the birth of the $1 coin.
The last Australian $1 banknote…
The first Australian currency issue to honour aboriginal culture, Australia’s paper $1 note was unveiled at decimalisation in 1966, and last issued from 1982. The last Australian $2 note carried the facsimile signatures of Bob Johnston, Governor of the Reserve Bank of Australia, and John Stone, Secretary to the Treasury. The demise of the $1 note was attributable to the impact of inflation, and the greater durability and cost-effectiveness of its ultimate replacement – the aluminium-bronze $1 coin.
The first Australian $1 coin…
Although the removal of the much-loved $1 note created some controversy, the new $1 coin quickly endeared itself to the Australian public. Apart from being the first to carry Stuart Devlin’s superb ‘Mob of Kangaroos’ design, the utterly unique 1984 $1 is also notable as the only circulating $1 coin to carry the original decimal portrait of Queen Elizabeth II – designed by Arnold Machin.
Pristine, unused, Uncirculated quality…
A unique, permanent tribute to this radical change in Australia’s circulating currency, the Last Note, First Coin $1 Pack unites these crucial issues – with both in unused, pristine Uncirculated quality! You will never be able to secure the $1 note from circulation now, regardless of the grade, whilst the 1984 Mob of Roos $1 will never be found in the superb state of preservation seen here.
Superbly presented – and priced to please!
Preserving the impeccable Uncirculated quality for the long-term, Australia’s last $1 note and first $1 coin are set behind archival bubble, and housed in a colourful, illustrated, informative pack. As impressive as the presentation is the price.
Fantastic value-for-money, secure your set today! Click add to cart now!
|Country of Issue||Australia|