1911-36 George V Predecimal Pack
- The Australian coinage of the reign of King George V!
- Includes the halfpenny & penny, united with the sterling silver threepence, sixpence, shilling & florin.
- The work of Australian artist Bertram Mackennal, the portrait of George V adorns each coin.
- Graded Very Good to Fine – dates and mints of our choice.
- Set within archival quality bubble, the coins are presented in an illustrated, informative pack.
- Irresistible value-for-money at just $129 for the 6-coin set!
Free Shippingon all orders over $500
Shop with confidence30 - day money back guarantee
Gst-free*for international orders
Loyalty RewardEarn points while you shop
A genuine and surprisingly affordable artefact of Australia’s earliest days as a nation, we are delighted to present the King George V 1911-36 6-Coin Set!
Crowned just a decade after Australia achieved unity via Federation, the reign of George V oversaw the young nation’s formative years. By the time he died in 1936, having just celebrated a silver jubilee, Australia had experienced the First World War, the boom of the Roaring 20s and the disaster of the Great Depression.
George’s reign was also a crucial period for numismatics. The first Australian copper coins – the halfpenny and penny – were issued in the year of his coronation, whilst the first silver and copper coins struck on Australian shores were issued in 1916 and 1919 respectively. Encompassing some of the nation’s highest profile rarities, including the 1930 Penny and 1923 Halfpenny, King George V also oversaw the issue of Australia’s first commemorative coins.
An authentic keepsake of the era, this set comprises the George V halfpenny and penny, united with the sterling silver threepence, sixpence, shilling and florin – dates and mints of our choice. Grading from Very Good to Fine, the set is beautifully presented within an informative, full-colour pack.
Whether for your own collection, or as an historic, fascinating gift for another, the King George V 1911-36 6-Coin Set is simply a must-have at just $129.
|Country of Issue||Australia|
|Year of Issue||1911-1936|
|Grade||Very Good to Fine|