1953-64 Elizabeth II 6-Coin Set
- First Australian coinage of Queen Elizabeth II – and the last predecimal types!
- Comprises the halfpenny & penny, plus the silver threepence, sixpence, shilling & florin.
- Each coin bears the original coinage portrait of the queen, designed by Mary Gillick.
- Graded Very Fine to Extremely Fine – dates and mints of our choice.
- The coins are sealed within archival quality bubble and set in an illustrated, informative pack.
- Outstanding value-for-money at a mere $95 for the 6-coin set!
Free Shippingon all orders over $500
Shop with confidence30 - day money back guarantee
Gst-free*for international orders
Loyalty RewardEarn points while you shop
An historic keepsake, available at an affordable price, we are delighted to present the Queen Elizabeth II 1953-64 6-Coin Set – the first coin types issued during the queen’s record-breaking reign and the last of the Australian predecimal era!
Thrust upon the throne at the tender age of 25, upon the untimely death of her father, King George VI, Elizabeth II became Britain’s longest reigning monarch in 2015. In 2022, she became the first British monarch to celebrate a Platinum Jubilee. Well known for her sense of duty, Elizabeth II devoted her life to the service of Great Britain and the Commonwealth, and is loved and respected by millions of people around the globe.
It was during the early years of the queen’s reign that the curtain came down on Australian predecimal currency. As fate would have it, the first coins of Elizabeth II would be the last of Australia’s first national currency system. Bearing the original coinage portrait of the queen, designed by Mary Gillick, these ‘last issue’ types are all found in the Queen Elizabeth II 1953-64 6-Coin Collection!
Offered in highly collectable Very Fine to Extremely Fine condition, the set encompasses the halfpenny & penny, united with the silver threepence, sixpence, shilling & florin – dates and mints of our choice. A fine presentation, with the six coins united within an illustrated, informative pack, the set represents sensational value-formoney at a mere $95!
|Country of Issue||Australia|
|Year of Issue||1953-1964|
|Grade||Very Fine to Extremely Fine|