1967 5-Coin Year Set
- Comprises five coins from the 1c to the 20c
- Australia's second decimal coinage issue
- Harder to find than other years, as the Royal Australian Mint did not issue a Mint Set in 1967
- Extremely scarce in Uncirculated quality, as here
- Each coin features the first decimal portrait of Elizabeth II
- Presented within an attractive Mint Set-style pack
Free Shippingon all orders over $500
Shop with confidence30 - day money back guarantee
Gst-free*for international orders
Loyalty RewardEarn points while you shop
A crucial acquisition for serious decimal collectors, the 1967 Uncirculated Set fills the gaping hole in the decimal series created by the lack of a 1967 Mint Set.
With the Australian Government still reeling from the 1966 Silver Round 50c debacle, no 50c denomination was issued for circulation in 1967. Thus, Australia's second annual decimal coinage issue comprised only the copper 1c & 2c, along with the cupro-nickel 5c, 10c & 20c. Not only was there no 50c coin issued for circulation in 1967 ' there was no official Australian Mint Set either! Whether the concept was abandoned due to the confusion surrounding the 50c denomination, or whether it was the difficulty in co-ordinating three mints (RAM, Melbourne & Perth), the Mint Set that collectors anticipated in 1967 never materialised.
|Country of Issue||Australia|
|Year of Issue||1967|