Alexander Graham Bell 2022 £2 Silver Proof Coin
- Celebrate the incredible legacy of one of Britain’s greatest inventors
- The first time Alexander Graham Bell has been celebrated on a UK Coin
- Year-dated 2022 in commemoration of the 100th anniversary of the inventor’s death
- Features a cleverly created reverse design by the artist Henry Gray
- Struck by the Royal Mint from 92.50% Silver to Proof quality
- Limited to 2,500 coins worldwide!
- Accompanied by detailed packaging recounting the life and work of Alexander Graham Bell
Free Shippingon all orders over $500
Shop with confidence30 - day money back guarantee
Gst-free*for international orders
Loyalty RewardEarn points while you shop
On 10 March 1876, Alexander Graham Bell completely revolutionised the world of communication when he achieved the world’s first successful telephone transmission. Changing the way in which we communicate forever, his innovation of the telephone is arguably one of the most important breakthroughs in modern history.
Whilst Bell would go on to invent numerous other devices throughout his career, including the metal detector, his name is synonymous with telephone technology. During a golden age of invention, he remains one of the most important inventors of his time and many consider him a true audio visionary.
In 2022, we are proud to celebrate this brilliant inventor in the centenary year of his death with a commemorative UK £2 coin. Featuring a reverse design by the talented artist Henry Gray, whose previous numismatic work also includes the reverse design for the British Red Cross UK 50p Coin, the coin depicts the dial of a push-button phone, along with the words ‘PIONEER OF THE TELEPHONE’ cleverly inscribed on the buttons.
|Country of Issue||United Kingdom|
|Year of Issue||2022|
|Metal Purity (%)||92.50|
|Issued By||Royal Mint|