BCOF Japan 1946 Overprints 1/2d - 5/- Complete Set of 7 Stamps Mint Unhinged
- Comprises seven Australian predecimal stamps used by armed forces during the occupation of Japan after WWII.
- Overprinted ‘BCOF Japan 1946’ – BCOF stands for ‘British Commonwealth Occupation Force’.
- A genuine artefact of WWII, and a key element of Australia’s philatelic history.
- Offered in unused Mint Unhinged condition – very scarce in this quality.
- Hold Australian history in your hands! Click add to cart now!
Free Shippingon all orders over $500
Shop with confidence30 - day money back guarantee
Gst-free*for international orders
Loyalty RewardEarn points while you shop
The stamps of the occupation of postwar Japan…
Australians served in the British Commonwealth Occupation Force in Japan after victory in the Second World War, and to facilitate personal mail, the Australian Government issued ‘BCOF Japan 1946’ overprinted stamps from 1946 to 1949.
These official Australian predecimal stamps are highly sought after as a memento of the Second World War, and also as an interesting, distinctive part of Australia’s philatelic history. Very scarce today, we have the complete set of seven BCOF stamps in unused Mint Unhinged condition!
With stocks limited, you must act immediately. Click add to cart now!