Before Federation in 1901, a range of international coins were used as legal tender in Australia’s colonies.
This means that in our earliest days, an Australian coin could have been a Spanish ‘Piece of Eight’ – a Silver 8 Reale. Portuguese-Brazilian Johannas were also considered Australian coins. So were Indian Silver Rupees. And of course, the legendary Holey Dollar and Dump.
But that all changed in 1910, when Australia received its own national currency. We’ve seen tremendous change and development ever since, including the switch from pounds and pence to decimal currency in 1966.
Whether it’s predecimal coins or the latest decimal currency, circulating or non-circulating legal tender, we’ve got an extensive range of Australian coins for sale.
Items 91-108 of 476
- 1963 Penny Mis-strike Off Centre Error about Extremely Fine
- 1950 Penny Mis-strike Off Centre Error Extremely Fine
- 1952 Penny Mis-strike Off Centre Error good Extremely Fine
- 1952 Penny Mis-strike High Lip Error about Extremely Fine
- 1952 Penny Mis-strike High Lip Error good Extremely Fine
- 1936 Penny Mis-strike High Lip Error good Extremely Fine
- Berlin World Money Fair 2020 $100 1oz Gold Frosted Uncirculated Coin
- Berlin World Money Fair 2020 $1 1oz Silver Frosted Uncirculated Coin
- Qantas Centenary 2020 $30 1kg Gold Plated Silver Proof Coin
- Berlin World Money Fair Kookaburra 2020 1oz Colour Silver Brilliant Uncirculated Coin
- Year of the Mouse 2020 Perth Coin Show 2oz Silver Proof Coin