Before Federation in 1901, a range of international coins were used as legal tender in Australia’s colonies.
This means that in our earliest days, an Australian coin could have been a Spanish ‘Piece of Eight’ – a Silver 8 Reale. Portuguese-Brazilian Johannas were also considered Australian coins. So were Indian Silver Rupees. And of course, the legendary Holey Dollar and Dump.
But that all changed in 1910, when Australia received its own national currency. We’ve seen tremendous change and development ever since, including the switch from pounds and pence to decimal currency in 1966.
Whether it’s predecimal coins or the latest decimal currency, circulating or non-circulating legal tender, we’ve got an extensive range of Australian coins for sale.
Items 73-90 of 469
- Parker, R. Geelong, Victoria Penny Token about Uncirculated
- 75th Anniversary of the End of WWII 2020 $1 Stamp And Coin Cover
- Skippy the Bush Kangaroo 2020 50c Colour Cu-Ni Uncirculated Coin PCGS MS68
- Skippy the Bush Kangaroo 2020 50c Colour Cu-Ni Coin PCGS MS67 (Gem Uncirculated)
- 1942I & 1943I Halfpenny & Penny 4-Coin Set Very Fine
- Melbourne Money Expo 2020 50c Afghan Cameleers PNC
- Melbourne Money Expo 2020 50c Skippy Stamp & Coin Cover
- Melbourne Money Expo 2020 50c M Privymark Gold Plated Brilliant Uncirculated Coin
- Australian Swan 2020 $8 5oz High Relief Silver Proof Coin
- 30th Anniversary of the Australian Kookaburra 2020 $8 5oz Gilded Silver Proof High Relief Coin