Before Federation in 1901, a range of international coins were used as legal tender in Australia’s colonies.
This means that in our earliest days, an Australian coin could have been a Spanish ‘Piece of Eight’ – a Silver 8 Reale. Portuguese-Brazilian Johannas were also considered Australian coins. So were Indian Silver Rupees. And of course, the legendary Holey Dollar and Dump.
But that all changed in 1910, when Australia received its own national currency. We’ve seen tremendous change and development ever since, including the switch from pounds and pence to decimal currency in 1966.
Whether it’s predecimal coins or the latest decimal currency, circulating or non-circulating legal tender, we’ve got an extensive range of Australian coins for sale.
Items 91-108 of 469
- Banjo Paterson 2020 50c Aluminium-Bronze Uncirculated 3-Coin Set
- Banjo Paterson – Clancy of the Overflow 2020 50c Aluminium-Bronze Uncirculated Coin
- Banjo Paterson – The Man from Snowy River 2020 50c Aluminium-Bronze Uncirculated Coin
- Banjo Paterson – Waltzing Matilda 2020 50c Aluminium-Bronze Uncirculated Coin
- Last ANZACS 1999 $1 A, B, C, S & M Mintmark 5-Coin Set
- Queen Victoria 1871S Young Head Shield Gold Sovereign PCGS XF45
- Wedge Tailed Eagle 2020 $8 Incuse 5oz Silver Proof Coin
- Wedge Tailed Eagle 2020 $500 Incuse 5oz Gold Proof Coin
- Australian Kangaroo 2020 $1 1oz Colour High Relief Silver Brilliant Uncirculated Coin
- Australian Olympic Team 2020 $5 1oz Domed Silver Proof Coin