Before Federation in 1901, a range of international coins were used as legal tender in Australia’s colonies.
This means that in our earliest days, an Australian coin could have been a Spanish ‘Piece of Eight’ – a Silver 8 Reale. Portuguese-Brazilian Johannas were also considered Australian coins. So were Indian Silver Rupees. And of course, the legendary Holey Dollar and Dump.
But that all changed in 1910, when Australia received its own national currency. We’ve seen tremendous change and development ever since, including the switch from pounds and pence to decimal currency in 1966.
Whether it’s predecimal coins or the latest decimal currency, circulating or non-circulating legal tender, we’ve got an extensive range of Australian coins for sale.
Items 109-126 of 469
- 1910-1936 Edward VII & George V 151-Coin Collection VG-EF (No 1923 1/2d, 1930 1d or 1922/21 Overdate 3d)
- 1942-1944 USA S&D Mintmark Complete Silver 16-Coin Collection aUnc-Unc
- 1910-36 Edward VII & George V Shilling & Florin 51-Coin Collection VG-EF
- 1910-36 Edward VII & George V Threepence & Sixpence 43-Coin Collection VG-VF (No 1922/21 Overdate 3d)
- 1911-36 George V Halfpenny & Penny 57-Coin Collection VG-EF (No 1923 1/2d or 1930 1d)
- Australian Koala 2020 $200 High Relief 2oz Gold Proof Coin
- Australian Koala 2020 $100 High Relief 1oz Gold Proof Coin
- Australian Swan 2020 $100 High Relief 1oz Gold Proof Coin
- 1939-44 Shilling Complete 9-Coin Set Fine - Very Fine
- 1939-45 Sixpence Complete 10-Coin Set Fine - Very Fine
- 1939-44 Threepence Complete 10-Coin Set Fine - Very Fine