Before Federation in 1901, a range of international coins were used as legal tender in Australia’s colonies.
This means that in our earliest days, an Australian coin could have been a Spanish ‘Piece of Eight’ – a Silver 8 Reale. Portuguese-Brazilian Johannas were also considered Australian coins. So were Indian Silver Rupees. And of course, the legendary Holey Dollar and Dump.
But that all changed in 1910, when Australia received its own national currency. We’ve seen tremendous change and development ever since, including the switch from pounds and pence to decimal currency in 1966.
Whether it’s predecimal coins or the latest decimal currency, circulating or non-circulating legal tender, we’ve got an extensive range of Australian coins for sale.
Items 127-144 of 469
- 1939-45 Penny Complete 14-Coin Set Fine - Very Fine
- Qantas Centenary 2020 $1 Al-Br Uncirculated 11-Coin Set with FREE 2020 $1 Qantas Al-Br Coin Pack
- Beneath the Southern Skies 2020 $1 1oz Silver Brilliant Uncirculated Coin Roll of 10
- Beneath the Southern Skies 2020 $1 1oz Silver Brilliant Uncirculated Coin
- Australian Kangaroo 2020 $1 1oz Gold Plated Silver BU Coin
- 75th Anniversary of the End of WWII 2020 10c 1/10oz Silver BU Coin
- Skippy the Bush Kangaroo 2020 50c Colour Stamp and Coin Cover
- Holden FJ 1:64 Model Car & Holden Heritage 2016 50c 48-215 FX Cu-Ni Uncirculated Coin Pair
- Ferdinand VI 1757S Gold Half Escudo Very Fine/good Very Fine
- 1862 Grieve, R. Eaglehawk, Victoria Penny Token good Very Fine