Royal Tudor Beasts The Lion of England 2022 £100 1oz Gold Proof Coin
- The second coin in a series celebrating the powerful Tudor dynasty
- Features the Lion of England – the oldest and most iconic of the Royal Beasts
- The majestic reverse design was created by the artist and illustrator David Lawrence
- This coin comes struck to Proof standard from 1oz of gold
- Includes packaging that explores the story of the lion and the different design elements of the heraldic Royal Beasts
- Created in collaboration with the experts at Historic Royal Palaces
Free Shippingon all orders over $500
Shop with confidence30 - day money back guarantee
Gst-free*for international orders
Loyalty RewardEarn points while you shop
The Royal Mint is commemorating the ten heraldic Royal Beasts that line the Moat Bridge of Hampton Court Palace. Created at the behest of Henry VIII, the beasts symbolised the legitimacy of the king’s rule by portraying his regal
ancestry. The first coin in the series featured the Seymour Panther and now the collection continues with a coin celebrating the Lion of England.
The Lion of England is one of the oldest and most iconic beasts in heraldry. It first appeared on royal emblems in the twelfth century and has been part of the shield of England for as long as it has existed. Chosen to represent pride and courage, the Lion of England on the Moat Bridge at Hampton Court Palace holds a shield bearing the impaled – or combined – arms of Henry VIII and Jane Seymour, symbolising the strength of the couple’s union.
Struck to Proof standard from 1oz of gold, the coin features a depiction of the Lion of England that is as fearsome as the original stone beast itself. Snarling with sharp claws and an impressive mane topped with a royal crown, it truly is the 'king of the beasts' - act now!
|Country of Issue||United Kingdom|
|Year of Issue||2022|
|Metal Purity (%)||99.99|
|Issued By||Royal Mint|