25 Years of the £2 2022 £2 Silver Proof Piedfort Coin
- Commemorates the 25th anniversary of the bimetallic UK £2 coin
- Honours one of the most iconic coins and the largest circulating denomination in the UK
- Features the iconic ‘Technology’ design by Bruce Rushin, which served as the coin’s reverse design from 1997 until 2015
- The reverse design incorporates a lenticular feature in an innovative tribute to the coin’s anniversary
- The obverse features a special privy mark in the form of the central Iron Age circle
- Struck from 92.5% Silver to Proof Piedfort quality - limited to 1,425 coins worldwide!
- Complemented by beautifully designed and informative packaging
Free Shippingon all orders over $500
Shop with confidence30 - day money back guarantee
Gst-free*for international orders
Loyalty RewardEarn points while you shop
As the largest circulating denomination in the United Kingdom, the £2 coin remains a staple of everyday change and is a popular piece amongst collectors. Now, we celebrate 25 years of this iconic bimetallic UK coin.
First struck in 1997, the coin has featured more than 50 unique designs commemorating significant scientific, technological, sporting and literary achievements, as well as honouring key moments and events in British history. Struck to celebrate this special anniversary, this commemorative edition of the £2 coin features an innovative lenticular feature on the reverse, which displays Bruce Rushin’s iconic ‘Technology’ design in tribute to the original coin. When tilted, the coin catches light at different angles and the number ‘25’ – a nod to the anniversary – appears within the central cog.
|Country of Issue||United Kingdom|
|Year of Issue||2022|
|Metal Purity (%)||92.50|
|Issued By||Royal Mint|