Hogwarts Express 2022 £2 1oz Silver Proof Coin
- The first UK coin collection celebrating the wizarding world of the Harry Potter stories continues with the Hogwarts Express
- Featuring a lightning bolt and the number 25 to mark 25 years since the publication of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone
- The reverse design features the work of Jim Kay, the artist who created the first fully illustrated edition of J.K. Rowling’s classic story
- Struck from 1oz of 99.90% Silver to Proof quality
- Not issued for circulation - limited mintage of 15,000 coins
- A magical gift for fans of the Harry Potter stories
- Made in partnership with Bloomsbury Publishing, The Blair Partnership and Warner Bros, Entertainment.
Free Shippingon all orders over $500
Shop with confidence30 - day money back guarantee
Gst-free*for international orders
Loyalty RewardEarn points while you shop
The idea for Harry Potter, the boy in glasses who didn’t yet know he was a wizard, first came to J.K. Rowling during a delayed train journey from Manchester to London. From that moment of magic, the Boy Who Lived was imagined into being – an unassuming, eleven-year-old hero destined to face terrible danger, but also find greatness within himself. In 1997, Bloomsbury Children’s Books published Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone – a spellbinding story about a boy wizard and his friends that has inspired a love of reading in countless young people all over the world.
To mark 25 years since the publication of Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, The Royal Mint is celebrating this classic of children’s literature with a collection of UK coins. The reverse of each coin will feature an original illustration by Jim Kay, the artist who created the first fully illustrated edition of this Harry Potter story. The first coin in the collection featured Harry Potter, whilst the latest release displays the Hogwarts Express. Two further designs, featuring Professor Dumbledore, then Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, will follow. Secure yourss today - click add to cart!
|Country of Issue||United Kingdom|
|Year of Issue||2022|
|Metal Purity (%)||99.90|
|Issued By||Royal Mint|