100th Anniversary of the Discovery Tutankhamun's Tomb 2022 £5 Gold Proof Coin
- Commemorate the 100th anniversary of one of the most important archaeological discoveries ever made
- Featuring a reverse design by Laura Clancy, one of The Royal Mint’s experienced designers
- Accompanied by a booklet that tells the story of the discovery of Tutankhamun’s tomb and the pharaoh’s legacy
- A must-have for history lovers, particularly with an interest in ancient Egypt
- Struck from 91.67% Gold to Proof quality
- Limited mintage of 200 coins - secure yours today!
Free Shippingon all orders over $500
Shop with confidence30 - day money back guarantee
Gst-free*for international orders
Loyalty RewardEarn points while you shop
In November 1922, after years of tireless excavation in Egypt’s Valley of the Kings, the archaeologist Howard Carter raised a candle to peer into the tomb of an ancient pharaoh called Tutankhamun. Hidden in darkness under desert sand and rocks, the glittering treasures inside had remained undisturbed for more than 3,000 years. These wonderful artefacts have fascinated the world for a century and sparked a huge interest in Egyptian history.
Commemorate the centenary of one of the greatest archaeological discoveries ever made with this beautifully crafted coin. Designed by Laura Clancy, a product designer at The Royal Mint, the reverse features a profile of Tutankhamun’s iconic gold mask. In reference to the area of Egypt where this remarkable discovery was made, the edge inscription reads ‘THE VALLEY OF THE KINGS’.