Charles III 2022 Queen Elizabeth II Memorial Gold Half Sovereign Proof Coin
- Delivery Expected February 2023*
- The obverse bears the official coinage portrait of His Majesty The King for the first time
- A memorial edition of The Sovereign honouring the life and legacy of Queen Elizabeth II
- Marking a new era in the British monarchy
- Jody Clark’s depiction of the Royal Arms adorns the reverse
- Struck from 91.67% Gold and finished to Proof standard
- Limited mintage of 3,000 worldwide - secure yours today!
Free Shippingon all orders over $500
Shop with confidence30 - day money back guarantee
Gst-free*for international orders
Loyalty RewardEarn points while you shop
Queen Elizabeth II, Britain’s longest-reigning monarch, sadly passed away on 8 September 2022. Unwavering in her duty, Her Majesty gave her heart and devotion to the people of the United Kingdom and the Commonwealth for more than 70 years.
The Sovereign has been closely associated with the British monarchy since it was first struck in 1489 and now His Majesty The King’s official coinage portrait features on the coin’s obverse for the very first time. Personally approved by His Majesty, the portrait was created by British sculptor Martin Jennings. To honour the remarkable life and legacy of Queen Elizabeth II, this edition also features a rare change of reverse design. Benedetto Pistrucci’s iconic depiction of St George slaying the dragon makes way for an interpretation of the Royal Arms by Jody Clark, the designer of Her Majesty’s fifth and final definitive coinage portrait.
|Country of Issue||United Kingdom|
|Year of Issue||2022|
|Metal Purity (%)||91.67|
|Issued By||Royal Mint|