The Sovereign 2024 Five-Coin Gold Proof Set
- The Sovereign 2024 Collection has arrived!
- Struck by the Royal Mint from 91.67% Gold to Proof quality!
- This five-coin set comprises a Five Sovereign Piece, Double Sovereign, Half Sovereign, Quarter Sovereign, and Sovereign.
- The obverse features the official coinage portrait of His Majesty King Charles III, designed by Martin Jennings.
- The reverse features the classic St George and the dragon design by Benedetto Pistrucci .
- The first time Pistrucci’s classic design has been paired with the first definitive coinage portrait of His Majesty The King on a Proof Sovereign!
- Arrives housed within stunning presentation packaging along with the Certificate of Authenticity.
- Limited mintage of 450 coins worldwide!
- Secure yours today - click add to cart!
Free Shippingon all orders over $500
Shop with confidence30 - day money back guarantee
Gst-free*for international orders
Loyalty RewardEarn points while you shop
The Sovereign was first commissioned by Henry VII as ‘a new money of gold’ to strengthen the authority and legitimacy of the new Tudor dynasty. This remained in production until the reign of James I when
it was replaced by another gold coin. After a break of just over 200 years, The Sovereign was revived in 1817. The iconic design of St George and the dragon, designed by Benedetto Pistrucci, featured on the reverse of this coin. Pistrucci’s famous reverse design has since appeared on Sovereigns struck for each monarch since the reign of Queen Victoria.
Continuing this tradition, the 2024 Sovereign brings together Pistrucci’s classic design with the official coinage portrait of His Majesty King Charles III, designed by Martin Jennings, for the first time on a Proof Sovereign.
|Country of Issue
|Year of Issue
|Metal Purity (%)