George III 1788 Gold Spade Half Guinea Very Fine
- Struck in 1788 – the year of European Settlement of Australia!
- Issued during the record-breaking reign of King George III.
- The Spade Half Guinea was struck only from 1787 to 1800.
- Bears the classic Spade reverse motif, and noble George III portrait.
- Presented in better-than-usually-seen Very Fine quality.
Free Shippingon all orders over $500
Shop with confidence30 - day money back guarantee
Gst-free*for international orders
Loyalty RewardEarn points while you shop
The British Gold Half Guinea was one of a wild mix of foreign coins that circulated during the first days of modern Australia. These are known as ‘Coins of the Proclamation Era’. Used by the earliest European settlers, and therefore genuine artefacts of Australia’s earliest colonial period, the Coins of the Proclamation Era are hugely important from both an historical and a numismatic perspective.
A wonderful opportunity to own a key Proclamation Era coin, we have a King George III Gold Spade Half Guinea available – dated 1788, the year of European Settlement of Australia! A strong example, this sought after date is offered in Very Fine. Click add to cart now!
|Country of Issue||Great Britain|
|Year of Issue||1788|