Howard Florey 1998 $1 C, A, B, S & M Mintmark 5-Coin Set
- Celebrates 100th anniversary of the birth of medical pioneer Howard Florey – a key figure in research into penicillin.
- A type that was not issued for circulation – not found in change!
- Comprises the C, A, B, S & M Mintmark $1 coins – Canberra, Adelaide, Brisbane, Sydney & Melbourne.
- Offered in as issued, mint-state, Uncirculated quality!
- Presented in the official Royal Australian Mint packs of issue.
Free Shippingon all orders over $500
Shop with confidence30 - day money back guarantee
Gst-free*for international orders
Loyalty RewardEarn points while you shop
Australia’s key medical pioneer…
The Royal Australian Mint’s 1998 $1 Howard Florey C, A, B, S & M Mintmark 5-Coin Set pays homage to Australia’s most important medical pioneer. An Australian pharmacologist and pathologist, Florey shared the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine in 1945 for his work in developing penicillin. The work of Florey and his colleagues is estimated to have saved 200 million lives, and he is considered one of the greatest figures in the Australian scientific and medical community.
Not issued for circulation!
In part, this 5-coin Australian legal tender set is highly sought after because of the great importance of Florey – but there is another reason. This set represents an Australian legal tender type that was not issued into general circulation and will never be found in change!
Superb mint-state Uncirculated quality!
A must-have for a complete collection, this is your chance to secure the 1998 $1 Howard Florey C, A, B, S & M Mintmark 5-Coin Set in as issued, mint-state, Uncirculated quality. Click add to cart now!
|Country of Issue||Australia|
|Year of Issue||1998|
|Issued By||Royal Australian Mint|