Here are the 16 questions most frequently asked by Downies customers. If you have a question that isn’t addressed here, please get in touch.
- Will you email me when my order is being sent?
- How long does it take to process an order?
- How do I keep up to date with current and future product releases?
- How much does shipping cost in Australia?
- What are Bonus Points?
- How Many Bonus Points do I Have?
- Is my online bonus points total up-to-date?
- What Happens If My Order is Damaged or Lost?
- What happens if I use the wrong address?
- Why hasn’t my credit card payment gone through?
- How can I add my name to the online mailing list?
- How can I order coins from Downies if I live outside Australia?
- Does Downies buy coins from collectors?
- Can you send me a Downies catalogue?
- Where’s my email newsletter?
- How do I contact Downies?
- More information on Model Cars
- More information on Subscriptions
- What is a Pre-Order and how does it work?
1. Will you email me when my order is being sent?
Once your order has been picked, you will receive an email confirmation to say your order has been prepared for shipping. After that, you will receive an email to confirm that your credit card has been charged, and a final email when your parcel leaves the warehouse. This will only apply if you have advised us of your email address.
2. How long will it take for my order to arrive?
Within Australia, please allow 2-3 weeks, and for orders outside Australia, please allow approximately 3-6 weeks for delivery. This allows for the processing and packing of the order as well as any unforeseen delays with shipping. There are occasionally exceptions to this due to shipment arrival from our suppliers. These will be clearly identified on the product page.
3. How do I keep up to date with current and future product releases?
The easiest way to keep your finger on the pulse is our ‘New Releases’ page: your one-stop shop for the latest products, sourced from domestic and international partners. We receive new products multiple times a week so it’s a great place to start! We also have a News page, where we post updates about current and upcoming product releases, and take a behind-the-scenes look at the world of numismatics.
Money is our monthly magazine showcasing all our most exciting product releases. Contact us to have our latest edition delivered to your door – at no cost. Alternatively, why not join our 11,000+ friends on Facebook to get new product info?
4. How much does shipping cost in Australia?
Shipping prices for orders under $500 can vary depending on the products which are ordered, the price will be calculated at checkout based on the item/s in your cart.
Orders Over AUD$500
All international shipping costs can be found on our Shipping and Delivery page.
5. What are Bonus Points?
Bonus Points are given on most purchases at Downies. For qualifying purchases you get 10 Bonus Points for every $1 you spend. Bonus Points can be redeemed from the Bonus Points offers made regularly throughout the year. Bonus Points last 3 years from the date of your last purchase.
6. How many Bonus Points do I have?
Your Bonus Points balance is shown on your invoice, and can be found online if you have registered for an online account.
7. Is my online Bonus Points total up-to-date?
Online Bonus Points totals are updated automatically. If you if any questions or concerns about your Bonus Points balance, please contact us by email at email@example.com or call us on 1300 788 358.
8. What happens if my order is damaged or lost?
We want you to have a great purchase experience, and so we carefully choose our delivery partners. Unfortunately, occasionally things do go wrong. If your item is damaged in transit, is sent in error, or was incorrectly described, then we will happily offer a full refund or an exchange. Please include your postage receipt with the package and we will refund the cost of return shipping.
Australian customers, please send your returned items to: Downies - Reply Paid 3131, Nunawading, VIC, 3131
9. What happens if I provide the wrong address?
If your parcel is returned due to an incorrect or incomplete shipping address, we reserve the right to re-charge the cost of shipping the item. Please check your shipping address carefully before confirming your order.
10. Why hasn’t my credit card payment gone through?
Your credit card will be charged on the day your order is ready to ship. Pre-release coins usually ship on, or immediately after, their release dates (this can be some time after you place your order). Occasionally, a coin release date can be delayed by a Mint. In this case your credit card will only be charged once the coin is in stock, and is ready to be shipped.
11. How can I add my name to the online mailing list?
To join our free email mailing list, simply provide your email address via the box located at the bottom of this page, and click 'subscribe'.
12. How can I order coins from Downies if I live outside Australia?
Downies.com supports many customers from countries across the world. Our prices are shown in Australian dollars including GST (Goods and Services Tax). International orders are not subject to GST and so this is deducted from your order (this is shown in the shopping cart).
Please note that international orders may be subject to local taxes and duty at the point of importation. Each country has its own customs rules and dutiable values. Different countries can consider goods in different categories of duty. Please check with your local customs authority prior to placing an order.
For more information on International Orders click here
13. Does Downies buy coins from collectors?
Yes, we do buy some coins from collectors. Contact our Numismatics Specialist, Steve Kirby, on (03) 9686 8411 to discuss your collection. Alternatively, Downies Australian Coin Auctions is always looking for collections, and rare and unusual items. Please contact Downies Australian Coin Auctions here for an obligation-free appraisal.
14. Can you send me a Downies catalogue?
If you have recently purchased from Downies you will receive a complimentary copy of Money Magazine (Australian residents only). If you live internationally, or wish to join our newsletter list you can receive our catalogue by email. Please sign up here to receive the catalogue by email for free right now.
15. Where’s my email newsletter?
Many email programs have spam filters which can unintentionally stop the emails you want to receive. Please check your email spam filter, and mark emails coming from firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org on your "safe" list. This will ensure that you receive all future emails sent from our email addresses.
16. How do I contact Downies?
Write to us at:
PO Box 3131
Nunawading, VIC, 3131
Call Toll free (within Australia): 1300 788 358
Melbourne customers call: (03) 8456 8456
International customers call: +61 (3) 8456 8456
US Customers call: 1-877-897-7696
Further contact details are available at our Contact Page.
17. For more information on our Model Cars click here
18. For more information on Subscriptions click here
19. What is a Pre-Order and how does it work
Please note that Pre-Orders are products that have not yet arrived and have only just been announced by the Manufacturer. Generally Pre-Orders can take up to 6-12 months to arrive and be delivered from the time you place the order online. For Pre-Orders you simply need to checkout as you usually would for an order online. If paying via Credit Card you will not be charged until the orders is about to be shipped to you, if purchasing via PayPal, you will be charged when you place your order.